CAFAA 20th STATE AGENCY MEETING, LUNCH & LEARN and GENERAL MEETING
October 15 & 16, 2015- open to all CAFAA Members & Guests
Holiday Inn - Capitol Plaza
300 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Thursday, October 15, 2015
10:00am - 1:00pm LUNCH & LEARNING SESSION
1:00pm - 5:00pm 20th STATE AGENCY FORUM MEETING
Friday October 16, 2015
7:00am - 8:00am Breakfest Buffet
8:00am - 11:00am CAFAA OCTOBER GENERAL MEETING (open to all)
More Details Coming Soon!
CAFAA's 46th Annual Conference
February 04-05, 2016
- ANNUAL MEETING: February 04th 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- EXHIBITS & RECEPTION: February 04th 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- ANNUAL MEETING: February 05th, 8:00 am – 11:30 am
- SPOUSE EVENT:February 05th
- BOARD MEETING: February 05th, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- PRESIDENTIAL RECEPTION: February 05th , 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- BILL FITCHIE MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT: February 06th
MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW
The California Automatic Fire Alarm Association (CAFAA) was founded in 1970. We are a not-for-profit organization that is concerned with fire alarm issues in California.
Our membership consists of fire alarm installation and monitoring companies, fire alarm manufacturer's representatives and distributors, registered professional engineers, and building and fire officials. Our primary objective is to promote cooperation and understanding among the professionals involved in our industry.
CAFAA is represented on many of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) code committees, including the following:
1. NFPA 70, National Electrical Code
2. NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
3. NFPA 1, Fire Prevention Code
4. NFPA 5000, Building Construction and Safety Code
CAFAA members have written articles on the topic of fire alarm systems that have appeared in the various professional publications.
We maintain an active liaison with the California Fire Chiefs Association, the International Code Council, the Society of Fire Protection Engineers, the International Association of Electrical Inspectors, the Western Fire Chiefs, the Automatic Fire Alarm Association, the Northern and Southern California Fire Prevention Officers and many other professional associations.
With the most strict fire alarm regulations in the country, it is important for us to network, continue our education and to work towards sensible legislation. CAFAA will help you to do all of this.
Some examples of the California regulatory environment are:
- Section 13114 of the Health and Safety Code requires that all fire alarm equipment sold, installed, distributed or offered for sale in California shall be listed and approved by the California State Fire Marshal.
- The State Contractors License Board maintains licensing provisions for fire alarm contractors.
- California Administrative Code Title 24 State Building Standards and Title 19 State Fire Marshal Regulations contain fire alarm requirements above and beyond any National Standard. Our Association is well represented on the State Fire Marshal's Fire Alarm Advisory Committee.
- California law requires that all persons who install fire alarm systems that exceed 100 Volt Amperes, be certified by the state, or must be enrolled as a Fire/Life Safety Apprentice, or be the active holder of a C-10 License. CAFAA, in partnership with the California Alarm Association (CAA), formed the WBFAA which in turn, developed a Unilateral Statewide Fire/Life Safety Apprentice program that has been approved by the State. The WBFAA administers the apprenticeship program.
- California State law requires local fire departments to enforce the State Fire Marshal Regulations. It is vital that the fire alarm industry continues to foster and maintain a two-way communication with the fire officials.
Please note: CAFAA is NOT a charitable organization. Dues and/or other payments to CAFAA are NOT charitable contributions.